Exterior Sewer/Septic Line Rail
30 Day Money Back Guarantee
Why choose this plan:
- Unlimited annual benefit amount
- Unlimited service calls ($12,000 per call)
- 30-day wait period with a money-back guarantee
- One-year guarantee on all covered repairs
- Locating the blockage or collapse
- Excavation to expose pipe
- Pipe replacement or repair
- Repair or replacement of seals and joints
- Fitting external valves
- Pipe cutting
- Backfilling of areas disturbed by repairs
- Non-functioning stop boxes or shut-off valves
The price tag for replacing a sewer/septic line averages $3,389.*
If your sewer/septic line fails, it can cause:
- clogged/backed up drains inside your home
- sewage flooding in your basement
- sewage backed up in your yard
As a homeowner, you may be responsible for the sewer/septic line on your property, and you may have to arrange and pay for any necessary repairs. This illustration shows the repairs that are performed on this line and how much licensed and insured plumbers would typically charge.
*National average repair costs as of June 2020.
Your sewer/septic line may weaken and break over time due to damage caused by normal wear and tear, including aging and ground shifting. Because this line is buried underground on your property and not typically inspected, a failure is almost impossible to predict. Without this optional coverage you may be faced with thousands of dollars in out-of-pocket expenses if a breakdown occurs and replacement is needed.
With an affordable plan, eligible homeowners can avoid paying for the costs of covered repairs to the line that takes wastewater away from their home. Help get protection from time-consuming and expensive repair costs with Exterior Sewer/Septic Line Coverage, which includes an unlimited annual coverage amount with up to $12,000 for covered repair per service call. This protection covers all types of pipe material regardless of how old it is.
Important coverage information6598
- An owner of both a residential single structure permanently secured to the ground and the land it is located on
Not Eligible 6598
- If your entire exterior sewer/septic line is shared with any third party or covered by a homeowners', condominium or like association
- Recreational vehicles and properties used for commercial purposes
- If you are aware of any pre-existing conditions, defects or deficiencies with your exterior sewer/septic line prior to enrollment
- Septic tanks; leach fields; grinder pumps; lift stations, or any non-conforming drain line, such as a basement or storm drain; repairs to any line that branches off the main line; lines that provide service to multiple properties or secondary buildings; and damage from accidents, negligence or otherwise caused by you, others or unusual circumstances. Additional exclusions apply.
Benefit Details: Coverage provides as many service calls as you need for covered repairs to repair or replace a leaking or permanently blocked sewer line, for which you have sole responsibility, that takes wastewater away from the exit point within your home up to your utility's responsibility, or septic line that takes wastewater away from the exit point within your home up to the point of connection to the septic tank on your property, that is damaged due to normal wear and tear, not accident or negligence.
Not covered: Septic tanks; leach fields; grinder pumps; lift stations, or any non-conforming drain line, such as a basement or storm drain; repairs to any line that branches off the main line; lines that provide service to multiple properties or secondary buildings; and damage from accidents, negligence or otherwise caused by you, others or unusual circumstances. Additional exclusions apply. You agree to resolve disputes related to this plan by arbitration or in small claims court, without resort to class action or jury trial.
Making a Service Call: Your plan starts the day your enrollment is processed. There is an initial 30-day waiting period before you can make a service call, giving you 11 months of coverage during the first year. Upon renewal/reactivation (if applicable), there is no waiting period.
Cancellation: Cancel any time by calling SLWA. If you cancel within 30 days of your start date, you will get a full refund (less claims paid, where applicable). Cancellations after the first 30 days will be effective at the end of the then-current billing month, and you will get a pro-rata refund (less claims paid, where applicable).
Renewal: The plan is annual. For E-Z Pay/Direct Pay, credit card or debit card customers, unless you cancel, your plan automatically renews annually at the then-current renewal price with your same payment terms.
Frequently asked questions
SLWA Insurance Services ("SLWA"), California License #0L71169, with corporate offices located at 4000 Town Center Boulevard, Suite 400, Canonsburg, PA 15317, is an independent company separate from your local utility or community, and offers and administers this optional home protection plan as an authorized representative of Virginia Surety Company, Inc., 175 West Jackson Blvd., 8th Floor, Chicago, IL 60604, the home protection plan issuer. Your choice of whether to participate in this plan will not affect any service you have with your local utility or community. The City of Los Angeles makes no endorsement or approval of SLWA or its agents or representatives.
Exterior Sewer/Septic Line for only $9.06/mo.